In order to achieve the project goal, we are implementing the following actions:
- Establishing a strategy for the implementation of the raising awareness actions based on specific target perspective. The strategy will be created according to sociologic rules, following the application of survey questionnaires on statistical relevant samples.
- The elaboration of a long term up-to-date action plan for halting the loss of wetland biodiversity from the ROSPA0026 Danube water course Bazias – Iron Gates. The plan will be realized after assessing the water characteristics, evaluating water degradation sources and identifying the monitoring parameters for the wetlands vital signs. The plan will be approved after its public debate.
- The elaboration and enforcement of an easy-to-understand WebGIS application for the wetlands management based on best practices from other LIFE Nature projects. The map server GIS technology will be created with a secured multilevel version and an interrogative public version.
- Purchasing cost-effective floating equipment, designed for cutting the invasive macrophytes, from the ROSPA00026. The action will be followed by a demonstrative action – one time aquatic weed elimination, dedicated to managers from other Natura 2000 sites.
- Providing undisturbed habitats for the pygmy cormorant population, trough creation of resting platforms, stimulating the colonization, controlling the population of invasive Mustela (Neovison) vison, and enlarging the wintering habitats.
- Implementing an early warning system on aquatic invasions, designed for the ROSPA0026 Danube water course Bazias – Iron Gates. The system will act as a filter for the aquatic invasion in Lower Danube and will be based on detection an elimination of invasive alien species by involving both public and institutional participation.
- Development of an extensive educational campaign, for raising public awareness on the birds and wetlands importance. The campaign will be deployed on several target groups, which respond to the social and economical situation in the area. Various information media will be used, from informative to pro-active ones.
- Realizing high-level activities of scientific dissemination. In the project will be realized scientific informative materials who will be sustained at international conferences or published in recognized scientific journals.
- A monitoring system will be implemented for wetlands parameters, species and habitats. In order to evaluate the project’s success, the system will assess the efficiency of implemented actions in order to improve it.